· Most publishers, at the minimum, will provide the author with fliers, bookmarks, or other printed support materials for the release of the book.
· If the book is a top tier book, the publisher may provide advertising co-op dollars to promote the title’s release. This may include the ads on the web, appropriate print publications, the purchase of a targeted e-mail list to receive a press release, or billboard signage. Funds may also be available for radio advertising.
· Some publishers will provide a budget to tour an author to a limited number of cities. They will cover the transportation (air and ground), food and hotel.
· A book launch reception may be part of the overall book campaign funded by the publisher.
o Hard copy invitations created by the publisher
o Postage for the mailing of the invitations
o Food, drinks, music, etc.
· The publisher’s publicity department will usually send out review copies, a press release and directly contact key media outlets in order to pitch your book.
· It’s possible that the publisher may share in the expense of hiring an outside publicist or PR firm.
· The publisher may host a webinar, tele-seminar, or pod-cast.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.