Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Publishing Fundamentals and other Publishing topics.
· Most publishers, at the minimum, will provide the author with fliers, bookmarks, or other printed support materials for the release of the book.
· If the book is a top tier book, the publisher may provide advertising co-op dollars to promote the title’s release. This may include the ads on the web, appropriate print publications, the purchase of a targeted e-mail list to receive a press release, or billboard signage. Funds may also be available for radio advertising.
· Some publishers will provide a budget to tour an author to a limited number of cities. They will cover the transportation (air and ground), food and hotel.
· A book launch reception may be part of the overall book campaign funded by the publisher.
o Hard copy invitations created by the publisher
o Postage for the mailing of the invitations
o Food, drinks, music, etc.
· The publisher’s publicity department will usually send out review copies, a press release and directly contact key media outlets in order to pitch your book.
· It’s possible that the publisher may share in the expense of hiring an outside publicist or PR firm.
· The publisher may host a webinar, tele-seminar, or pod-cast.